Moving and Delivery Procedures
It is possible that on any given day, a resident may be moving or expecting a delivery. To ensure your move or delivery is efficient and problem-free, please review the procedures below.
- Prior to your move being scheduled, Management will require that:
- You are an approved resident.
- We have a deposit on file of $250.
- We have a certificate of insurance for your vendor, naming the Association additionally insured (please see sample COI).
Once your move is scheduled, Management will ensure your move is given priority for the use of the service elevator. Moving vans that show up without being scheduled, may be turned away. Should your delivery time or date change, please notify the Management Office.
- Moves and deliveries will be allowed Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding federal holidays and weekends.
- Moving vans and delivery trucks may only park in the Receiving Loading Zone located on southwest 23rd
- Upon arrival, ALL vendors must check in with the Concierge. A valid issued ID must be submitted at check in. We ask that all contractors wear appropriate attire while on property. Contractors wearing tank tops, offensive shirts, and or sandals will not be allowed in to work, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Elevator door may not be jammed or held in the open position during moves/deliveries. This can result in serious damage to the elevator operations. Repairs to elevators and any other repairs to Association property will be the ﬁnancial responsibility of the resident and or Unit Owner.
- The trash chute must never be used for the disposal of boxes. Arrange to have your mover(s) take away all empty cartons and packing materials. Empty boxes should always be broken down and disposed of in the recycling container located in the trash room next to the Receiving Loading Zone.
We know that as a resident of the Gables Terrace Condominium, you take as much pride as we do in our community. Please remind your movers of your concern for the common areas, and alert them to use extra care when using elevators especially when moving large items through the building. Remember, you will be responsible for any damage these workers may cause. We thank you in advance for your attention and cooperation.